Congratulations! We are so excited you have decided to join the juice movement and take these cleansing steps towards improving your overall health and wellness. Your body will thank you for giving it some R&R, allowing it to reboot, heal, and revitalize as it receives an abundance of vitamins and nutrients. Consuming only liquids will give your digestive system a break while you receive an abundance of vitamins, nutrients, enzymes, and minerals. We are pumped to help you along the way!
BEFORE YOUR CLEANSE:
To reap the most benefits from your cleanse, preparation is key. You will want to avoid unhealthy food choices, while focusing on fresh, nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables. Your body and health will thank you.
1-2 days before your cleanse:
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! Drink a large glass of water right after you wake up. Feel free to add lemon for an extra alkalizing boost.
- Aim to drink at least 2 liters of water each day.
- Avoid coffee, sugar, meat, processed foods, dairy, and alcohol.
- If giving up meat the two days before seems impossible, you may supplement with fish.
- Eat the rainbow. Strive to eat a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. Salads should be your best friend during your pre-cleanse. As well as, raw/steamed/roasted/sauteed veggies, fresh fruits, soups, nuts, and seeds. If you need a hearty side, try brown rice, quinoa, or sweet potato.
DURING YOUR CLEANSE:
Each day you will:
- Drink (6) 16 ounce bottles of juice.
- You may enjoy your juices in any order, although we do recommend you start each day with a green juice, as your body most readily absorbs nutrients at this time.
- Shake each juice very well before drinking. Keep your juices refrigerated. The colder, the better!
- Strive to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. [Feel hunger pains in between juices? Drink a large glass of water-it helps!]
- Drink one bottle of juice every 2-3 hours.
- Add slices of lemon or lime to your water if you would like. You may also have non-caffeinated herbal teas [great way to add some heat to your week].
- Need help “moving things along?” Try Traditional Medicinals ‘Smooth Move’ herbal tea laxative.
- Do not over exert yourself. You may go for one or two walks a day and do some light weight lifting. Light exercise will help accelerate your circulatory and lymphatic systems.
- Get lots of rest!
- Treat yourself to a hot bath or massage- you deserve it!
Not feeling 100%? No worries! Keep in mind, while your digestive system is taking a break, your body is adjusting to the pure nutrients it’s obtaining and is simultaneously ridding itself of all unwanted toxins. So much is happening, don’t let that get you down! Eat a small amount of raw fruits, veggies, nuts, or seeds if you feel the need.
AFTER YOUR CLEANSE:
Yay! Congrats-you did it! Now that you have hit the reset button, time to get you back on track with a meal plan which will help you make the most of your cleanse experience while you are moving forward. The best way to break your cleanse is with some small meals that incorporate liquids and solids. Below is a sample meal plan:
- Day 1:
Breakfast: Fresh fruit or a kuka juice
Lunch: Vegetable soup or Green smoothie [Just add some spinach and/or kale to your favorite fruit smoothie]
Dinner: Yummy spinach salad with lots of colorful veggies [dressing: mashed avocado with lemon juice], steamed/roasted/sautéed vegetables
- Day 2:
Breakfast: Fresh fruit, Green Smoothie, or a kuka juice
Lunch: Veggie salad and a steamed/roasted/sautéed vegetable.
Dinner: Raw salad and a steamed/roasted/sautéed vegetable, small hearty side [quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato, beans, lentils]
- Day 3:
Same as above
After day three, you may start incorporating meat and dairy products if you would like– but please take it slowly! Your body needs time to adjust. It is best to start the reintroduction with fish and almond or coconut milk instead of other options. We hope you made the most of your cleanse experience and are reaping the benefits. We thank you for taking this journey [we are sure your body does too].